Sunday, September 22, 2013

Its All in the Process

A blank canvas.

It's overwhelming.

It's exciting.

And I cannot wait to make it mine.  To add color and dimension.  Texture.  To pour my heart and imagination and time.  To begin the process with a working idea, travel through the work, and see where it takes me.

Generally, my creations are pretty well planned when I begin.  I'm not a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of artist.  I like order, directions, pattern.  By the time I begin a project, I have usually turned it over in my mind so many times that I know what the final product will look like. And poured over the pattern and directions.  That helps, too.

This space is not that.

I have thought and considered and rethought how I wanted this space to turn out.  And I still am not sure.

I want to share what I'm thinking about, creating, my joys and frustrations in the process.  But I also want to enjoy it, use it to teach, share how I am including my children and their ideas.


I have so longed to share what I have learned over the past few years of teaching myself various crafts and techniques.

So I don't know what the final stage will look like here.  And I'm okay with that.  It's kind of like life.  We imagine what we want it to look like at the end, but it's the process that we enjoy, and God is the artist, we are just the paint brushes.  But that's another post!

In the meantime, you can find me sharing glimpses of life and craft on Instagram.  I'm @Mrsarpittman and @RosieandRuth.  I started off keeping my business and life separate on Instagram, but I soon realized that they were so intertwined that this was impossible.  I have stopped posting uner @mrsarpittman, and only use @rosieandruth.

No comments:

Post a Comment