Monday, April 28, 2014

30 days of adventures in eating

Let me tell you about a little adventure on which I'm about to embark.

First, some history.

I've never had to diet in my life.

Ever.


Somehow, I have always been thin.  I enjoy my chocolate, and my ice cream.  I gained every bit of 35-40 pounds every time I was pregnant.  And it always melts away.  I just eat when I'm hungry, and if I crave something, I have a little bit of it.

But lately, I cannot get enough sugar.  I feel as if I'm searching for it. All. Day. Long.

My husband and I have been trying to eat healthier over the past year or two, and the harder I try, it seems the more I want sugar. 

So, I am going to challenge myself.



 Enter Whole 30.  Have you heard of it?

It is basically an extreme version of the Paleo diet for 30 days.  (Paleo= meats, veggies, and fruits; no sugar, no grain, no dairy.)  You can't make any substitutions, like banana-egg pancakes, or grain free brownies.  

Currently, I'm spending my time searching out meal plans and recipes.  It's overwhelming to me.  Every meal I enjoy has pasta, cheese, or cream in it!

Say a prayer for me.  And my family.  And share any recipes or advice you can spare! 

No comments:

Post a Comment